Man Utd news LIVE: Ten Hag speaks on Ronaldo after scoring return, Rangnick claims board DENIED Haaland… – The Sun

  • October 28, 2022

CRISTIANO RONALDO made a scoring return to action tonight as Manchester United beat Sheriff Tiraspol 3-0 in the Europa League.
Meanwhile, former United boss Ralf Rangnick has claimed that he had efforts to sign Erling Haaland and other names blocked during his time at Old Trafford.
The Austria boss was supposed to move into a senior role at the club but instead opted to join the national team.
He has stated that he attempted to bring Haaland, Christopher Nkunku, Josko Gvardiol and Luis Diaz to Man United but saw his vision blocked by those at Old Trafford.
Get all the latest news, updates and transfer gossip here…
Arsenal and Manchester United legend Robin van Persie has hailed Gunners' target Cody Gakpo as 'always dangerous'.
RVP's assessment shows why PSV winger Gakpo, 23, is on the radar of several Prem clubs, including Newcastle and Leeds.
He's already bagged nine goals and nine assists in the Dutch top flight – also impressing against Arsenal in PSV's 2-0 Europa League win on Thursday night.
And former Holland attacker Van Persie told BT Sport: "He is a good player.
"He always finds a way in most games to have an influence, in terms of making an assist or a goal, he’s always dangerous.
"He is not really an out-and-out striker. He can play as a No.10, he can play on the wing, or as a false striker, he can play in those four positions in front.
"He has a good physique, he is strong, fast, he can dribble. He is an all-round player."
Rangers have been urged to sign Manchester United's third-choice stopper Tom Heaton to serve their goalkeeping dilemma.
Boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst recently went back on his call to make Jon McLaughlin number one amid strong criticism from the Ibrox faithful, instead recalling 40-year-old Allan McGregor.
But ex-England and Spurs No1 Paul Robinson told Football Insider: "If they can get him out of Man United, Tom would be an excellent option.
"Tom is somebody who has a lot of unfinished business. He got injured at Aston Villa and never won his place back because (Emiliano) Martinez came in.
“He has not been given a fair chance at Man United.
“Tom is far better than being number three goalkeeper. He is not at that stage of his career yet. He has so much to give.
“A move to a club like Rangers would be very good for him. It would be great for Rangers as well because he is a top-class goalkeeper.
"Tom is hungry. He would be a fantastic acquisition for any club.”
Manchester United have been told they will not be able to sign Victor Osimhen.
Napoli director Cristiano Giuntoli warned clubs interested in the Nigerian forward that the club were not looking to change their squad in January.
As quoted by Fabrizio Romano, he said: "We are currently not focused on the market – and we're not planning to do anything in January.
"We want to keep this squad."
And such an idea makes sense considering Napoli sit three points clear at the top of Serie A and top of their Champions League group going into the final game.
Osimhen himself has been a big part of this success, scoring five goals in nine games.
This includes strikes in each of his last three games after returning from an injury lay-off.
The 23-year-old has previously been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham, plus United. A fee for the striker is expected to be up to £102million.
Manchester United are reportedly monitoring Leeds midfielder Tyler Adams.
The USA star, 23, has missed just one Prem game since arriving from RB Leipzig in the summer.
And Football Insider say Old Trafford scouts have been impressed with how quickly he has adapted to English football.
Barcelona have put Frenkie de Jong and Memphis Depay up for sale, according to sensational reports this afternoon.
Manchester United target de Jong and ex-old Trafford attacker Depay, who has been linked with Chelsea and Arsenal, could be sold as Barca's Champions League exit deepened the Spaniards' financial woes.
Sport suggest five senior players could be made available.
De Jong was United boss Erik ten Hag's summer transfer priority and the Red Devils even had a £71.5million bid accepted.
Chelsea joined the race too – but the midfielder was never convinced about moving.
Meanwhile, his Holland team-mate Depay opted to stay to fight for more regular football.
Instead it appears they could both move in one of the next two transfer windows.
Manchester United have received a huge boost after Lille star Jonathan David admitted being keen on a “massive club”.
David told Football Daily: “Yeah, you know for me, I was always watching European football on TV.
“So, for me that was always the goal. For me it was, I only wanted to go to Europe.
“The next step is always growing, having more ambition, a bigger club I think. Every player wants to play for a massive club in their life. So I think if I had the chance to do it, I’ll go for it for sure.
“I think they’re two different leagues [the Premier League and La Liga]. But I think I can adapt to both for sure. And I think with the experience that I’ve had here in France, it will help me a lot if I need to adapt to some place else a lot faster. So yeah I think both leagues suit me.”
Antony says he won’t stop showboating despite a warning from his boss and criticism from pundits, writes NEIL CUSTIS.
The Manchester United winger did a 720-degree spin with the ball during Thursday night’s 3-0 win over FC Sheriff before attempting a pass that ran out of play.
It brought cheers from the crowd but derision elsewhere.
But responding on Instagram with a video of the moment, Antony said: “We are known for our art and I won’t stop doing what got me where I am!”
The £85million summer signing, also sporting a new peroxide blonde hair do, performed the trick with the game still goalless in the first-half and was subbed at the break.
After the game manager Erik ten Hag said he did not mind a ‘trick’ on the field as long as there was an end product.
On this occasion there was none, and when the camera panned to Ten Hag after Antony’s antics he could be seen rolling his eyes.
Ten Hag said: “When there is a trick like that, it's nice as long as it's functional. If you're not losing the ball, then it's OK – but if it's a trick because of a trick, then I will correct him."
Qatar will be full of superstars but for many it will likely be their final World Cup, writes KEALAN HUGHES.
The likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Luka Modric and Thiago Silva have had lengthy careers full of success but have never tasted World Cup glory.
Kawashima, 39, plays for Ligue Un side Strasbourg and has won 95 caps for Japan.
The Barcelona and Brazil legend, 39, is hoping to get a call up after being left out of the most recent national team squad in September.
Another Brazilian colossus, Silva, 39, still plays regularly for club and country and has shown good form for Chelsea in recent weeks.
A World Cup winner, the Paris Saint-Germain centre-back is now in his twilight years aged 36.
Once part of the Belgian golden generation, former Tottenham defender Vertonghen, 35, could feature at centre-back or left-back for the Red Devils.
The Mexico legend, 36, will get one last hurrah in Qatar after confirming he will retire at the end of the tournament, having represented his country 177 times.
Modric was a star of the Russia World Cup and despite being 37 shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon.
Once of Fulham fame, Bryan Ruiz, 37, now plays on home soil for Costa Rican top tier side LD Alajuelense.
The Manchester United star has been criticised by Portugal fans heading into the tournament but would love to silence the critics – just as he did at Euro 2016.
The Uruguay striker, 35, has tremendous World Cup pedigree having helped his team reach the semi-final in 2010 after handballing on the line against Ghana.
The ex-Arsenal hitman, 36, helped France win the World Cup in 2018 and could play a similarly valuable role for Didier Deschamps' side this time around.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been revealed to be the worst performing player in the Europa League in one key metric, writes TONY ROBERTSON.
The Manchester United forward has seen the majority of his minutes this season come in the Europa League, with two goals to his name in the competition.
However, amid his frustrating season it has been revealed that Ronaldo is the least clinical finisher in the tournament.
As revealed by WhoScored, Ronaldo has missed five clear-cut goalscoring opportunities in the Europa League this season, more than any other player.
It means that if Ronaldo had taken these chances he could see himself with a record of at least seven goals instead of just two.
Ronaldo had three glorious opportunities to add to his and United's tally against Moldovan Champions FC Sheriff.
He finally got his goal in the 81st minute as he reacted first to a rebound from his own header.
Arsenal and Manchester United have been handed a major transfer boost in their pursuit of Wolves star Ruben Neves as Barcelona are no longer interested.
Barca manager Xavi is concerned Neves does not suit his side’s tactical setup, according to Sport.
The Spanish head coach fears he does not have the right attributes to be a direct replacement for Sergio Busquets in the holding midfield role and will instead move for other players.
This comes as a significant blow for the Portugal international himself who recently flirted with a move to the Nou Camp saying it would be a “privilege” to play for “one of the world’s best clubs”
Manchester United star Anthony Martial has returned to individual training, but is not yet ready to join his team-mates.
Martial has been struck down by a series of injuries since Erik ten Hag took charge of United, just as the new manager's arrival had appeared to rejuvenate the forward.
Ten Hag said: "He's improving
"He's back on the [training] pitch, but not in the group so we have to wait for that step. But hopefully he's quickly back”
Manchester United have been told that Lazio star and transfer target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is not for sale.
That’s according to club president Claudio Lotito, who insists that Milinkovic-Savic’s value to the Serie A club increases with every game.
Responding to the ongoing speculation linking the impressive 27-year-old with a move to the Premier League, Lotito told Il Messaggero: “I’m not gonna sell Sergej, it’s not in my plans. I will offer him a new long term deal.
“Milinkovic-Savic is worth €120m, and then every month the price increases”
Manchester United star Antony has praised team-mate and fellow summer arrival Casemiro – calling him a "guard dog".
The midfielder is starting to shine for United following his £70million move from Real Madrid.
In an interview directly with Man Utd the winger said: "Casemiro is a more serious type.
"I always say he is our guard dog in the middle. He is a no-nonsense guy, a more serious type"
Arsenal have been urged by club legend Kevin Campbell to poach Manchester United star Marcus Rashford in a shock transfer.
Campbell told Football Insider: “He ticks some really good boxes for Arsenal.
“On the counter attack, he can be devastating. He undone Arsenal at Old Trafford earlier this season with his speed.
“Rashford can be devastating on his day, we know that. Manchester United are dithering by the sounds of it. I’m sure Arsenal would go for him if he became available next summer.
“He is an international player who has played on the big stages. He knows how to get games won.
“That is what Arsenal lack sometimes. It would be great to have a player of his experience as part of the rotation”
Manchester United have received a huge boost after Lille star Jonathan David admitted being keen on a “massive club”.
David told Football Daily: “Yeah, you know for me, I was always watching European football on TV.
“So, for me that was always the goal. For me it was, I only wanted to go to Europe.
“The next step is always growing, having more ambition, a bigger club I think. Every player wants to play for a massive club in their life. So I think if I had the chance to do it, I’ll go for it for sure.
“I think they’re two different leagues [the Premier League and La Liga]. But I think I can adapt to both for sure. And I think with the experience that I’ve had here in France, it will help me a lot if I need to adapt to some place else a lot faster. So yeah I think both leagues suit me”
France manager Didier Deschamps has warned he will not take injured players to the 2022 World Cup, such as Manchester United star Raphael Varane or ex-Old Trafford player Paul Pogba.
Deschamps said: "It's clear and clean. That I said. I've never embarked with an injured player for a big competition.
"The only thing that is certain is that I will not take a player who is not able to play at the start of the competition. Then it’s on a case-by-case basis.
"But leaving on a big competition with players who are not suitable, already it occupies too much attention, and for those who have to play, it also monopolises the medical staff.
"Me, I consider that we must leave with valid and capable players"
Manchester United have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Jude Bellingham with the midfielder considering staying at Borussia Dortmund.
Several high profile clubs have been linked to Bellingham including, Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid.
But according to journalist Kevin Hatchard no club has a plan in place to lure the midfielder away from Dortmund.
The 19-year-old has impressed this season and could even stay at the Bundesliga giants despite the mounting interest.
Dortmund offer the England international a guarantee of regular football and are set to progress in the Champions League, which should appeal to the wonderkid
Manchester United star Antony was hooked at half-time by manager Erik ten Hag after being slammed for "ridiculous" showboating against Sheriff Tiraspol by Paul Scholes.
Scholes told BT Sport: "I don't know what he's doing. It's ridiculous. It's showboating."
He added after full-time: "I don't know what that skill achieves. Even before that, he did nothing in the game. I think he needs a more entertaining skill.
“When you’re three of four-nil up, maybe. I don’t know if that’s skill or entertainment. That’s being a clown”
Manchester United have been handed a significant transfer boost in their pursuit of Wolves star Ruben Neves as Barcelona are no longer interested.
Barca boss Xavi is concerned Neves will not suit his side’s tactical setup, according to Sport.
The Spanish tactician fears he does not have the right attributes to be a direct replacement for Sergio Busquets in the holding midfield role and will instead target other players.
This comes as a major blow for the Portugal international himself who recently flirted with a move to the Nou Camp saying it would be a “privilege” to play for “one of the world’s best clubs”
Manchester United legend Paul Scholes remembered his own sub snub 21 years ago after the ongoing drama surrounding Cristiano Ronaldo.
Scholes said: "it was a low point in my career. I look back and regret, it was so wrong to do.
"I sympathise with Cristiano. He did the wrong thing but my situation we was playing Liverpool on the Sunday and then playing Arsenal in the cup on the Monday which was unheard of.
"I was left out of the Liverpool [starting line-up] game and I was upset about it.
"Usually when I got left out I could understand but for some reason that day I was so upset. I wanted to be part of it"
Manchester United legend Paul Scholes reckons Cristiano Ronaldo refused to go on against Tottenham as he feared manager Erik ten Hag was "taking the mick" out of him.
Scholes told BT Sport: "It gets in your head, you get to an hour and still not on, your head goes and I think the same thing has happened to Cristiano where he's thinking he's been left out.
"A biggish game, the year before he scored a hat-trick against Spurs, saw the team miss a lot of chances and he would be thinking he could score goals against this team easily.
"The longer the game goes on the more you get upset, the red mist comes. You're not thinking straight.
"To ask him to come on with two or three minutes, Cristiano would be thinking, 'Is he taking the mickey out of me?'"
Marseille president Pablo Longoria also passed on the chance to sign Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
Longoria told RMC Sport: "Football is very easy and you have to do what you can with the means you have at your disposal, always maintaining financial stability. 
"Marseille need a balanced economic situation and we are a long way from being able to count on players like that, with great stars. 
"We prefer team players, who put the individual at the service of the collective. We have a project where all the players work for the team"
Napoli have rejected the prospect of signing wantaway Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo in January.
Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli told DAZN: "Ronaldo in January? We won't sign any player in January.
"We don't need to change anything in this team. We're doing great and we're not planning any signings, as of today."
Ronaldo tried to leave United in the summer after the club failed to qualify for the Champions League but no suitors stepped forward
Former Manchester United ace Lee Sharpe has been forced to close his Irish bar in Spain over soaring costs.
Sharpe set up Sharpey’s when he emigrated last year but he has stepped away from the business, announcing: “As a family it just wasn’t working.”
The former winger said: “It’s a great business but since the summer I have been working on many exciting business ventures.
“I’ve many exciting projects due to be announced this month, but unfortunately I can’t talk about them yet"
Former Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick asked for a forward in the January transfer window but his pleas were unanswered.
Rangnick told Bild reporter Christian Falk that he recommended several names to the United board.
The current Austria manager asked for Erling Haaland, Luis Diaz, Christopher Nkunku, Dusan Vlahovic and Alavaro Morata.
A defensive reinforcement in Josko Gvardiol was also put forward, but the Red Devils refused to complete any winter transfers
Fans say same thing as Rooney shows off new hair on night out with Amir Khan
Arsenal ace stabbed in knife attack reveals he saw someone die in front of him
Ex-Man Utd player forced to close bar in Spain due to soaring costs
Arsenal ace airlifted to hospital after he's stabbed in attack leaving 1 dead
©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. “The Sun”, “Sun”, “Sun Online” are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers’ Limited’s Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. View our online Press Pack. For other inquiries, Contact Us. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)
Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/

source

yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo yglo aglos aglos aglos aglos aglos aglos aglos aglos aglos