Arsenal news: Chelsea eye Douglas Luiz transfer hijack as William Saliba drops contract hint – Football.London

  • September 21, 2022

All the latest Arsenal news on on Wednesday, September 21, including updates on Douglas Luiz, William Saliba and Gabriel Jesus
Sign up to the free Arsenal newsletter so you don’t miss the latest Gunners news, straight to your inbox
We have more newsletters
Here's your latest Arsenal morning digest on Wednesday, September 21.
Chelsea eye Arsenal transfer hijack
Arsenal have been handed a major blow in their mission to sign Douglas Luiz amid Mikel Arteta's mission bolster his midfield options. The 24-year-old, who sees his deal at Villa Park expire at the end of the season, was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium in the summer but a deal failed to materialise.
football.london understand that the Gunners had been monitoring Luiz for some time before eventually tabling a bid in the summer thought to be in the region of £25million. Arteta's side submitted three bids for the Aston Villa star after learning that Mohamed Elneny and Thomas Partey would be absent due to injury.
According to the BirminghamLive, Chelsea are the latest side to have registered interest in the Brazil international. With Luiz's deal coming to an end, it will be difficult for Villa to warrant as big an asking price with clubs eligible to begin pre-contract talks in January.
Read the full story here.
READ MORE: Every word Mikel Arteta said on Fabio Vieira's debut, Ethan Nwaneri and Granit Xhaka's captaincy
Saliba drops contract hint
Arsenal defender William Saliba has dropped a hint on whether or not he will sign a new contract at the Emirates Stadium. The 21-year-old, who sees his current deal with Arsenal expire in 2024, has enjoyed a great start to the season, guiding Mikel Arteta's to top of the Premier League.
Speaking to Sky Sports, the Frenchman admitted that London is his 'home' and 'likes' Arsenal. He said: "Yes, for sure. I'm at home here. I like London, I like the club, I like everything. I feel at home here."
This obviously comes as a major boost for Arsenal, who continue to reap the rewards of investing time into the youngster. In the final game before the international break, Saliba scored as the Gunners beat Brentford 3-0 to retain their place at the top of the Premier League.
Read the full story here.
Jesus responds to Brazil snub
Gabriel Jesus has spoken on his omission from the recent Brazil squad ahead of the international break. The 25-year-old, who has enjoyed a great start to life at Arsenal this season, admitted he can still improve in order to earn a place at the Qatar World Cup.
"There was (contact), after the call-up, yes," Jesus told ESPN Brasil, as quoted by Sport Witness. "I respect the coach’s decision a lot, I respect Tite, the entire staff.
"As I said, I’m Brazilian, I’ll always root for the team. And I also respect the other players, who have a lot of quality. I’ll keep doing my best to have the opportunity again.
"What is in my control is my performance. I will always try to give my best, finish the plays," he added. "Today I had some chances that I could also improve a little more, I know. I’ve been training, trying to do my best."
Read the full story here.
READ NEXT
Mikel Arteta uses Pep Guardiola trick to get Arsenal involved in Manchester City title fight
Alan Shearer and Michael Owen disagree on Arsenal's Premier League title chances after Brentford
Arsenal already have Mikel Arteta replacement as Granit Xhaka reveals role in Nwaneri debut
Significant UEFA Champions League changes that could affect Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham
Arsenal news and transfers LIVE: All the latest news, rumours and gossip from the Emirates Stadium

source

dgdgfdeeewasa dgdgfdeeewasa dgdgfdeeewasa