BARCELONA are reportedly planning on relaunching a bid for Bernardo Silva in January.
The LaLiga giants failed in an attempt to sign the Man City ace, 28, in the summer transfer window.
Despite their financial woes, the Catalan side managed to spend almost £150million on new recruits – bringing in Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha, Frank Kessie, Andrea Christensen, Jules Kounde, Marcos Alonso and Hector Bellerin.
Barcelona have also managed to raise £700million by selling various digital assets, which makes any potential deal for Silva a possibility.
Sport claim that Xavi's side can now add to their squad without any fear of spending beyond their means.
And Thomas Tuchel has broken his silence after his Chelsea exit, with the ex-Blues manager speaking of his devastation.
Get all the latest Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd transfer news with SunSport...
Haaland's Champions League dream
Erling Haaland says it is a "big dream" for him to win the Champions League as he prepares to face his old club.
Manchester City’s new strike sensation will meet his former employers Borussia Dortmund at the Etihad on Wednesday.
And Haaland's biggest target is the Champions League — his favourite competition.
Asked what his aims are during his time at City, the £51.4million ace said: “I want to keep developing as a footballer, that’s one of the most important things.
“For me it’s about performing well as a team, to play well with your team-mates.
“I want to develop, win games, win trophies and to have a good time. I love the Champions League, I have to say it.
“Everybody knows this and (winning it) is a big dream for me.”
Carroll's horror crash
Former England footballer Andy Carroll has been involved in a horrifying head-on crash.
His £130,000 Mercedes GLS SUV collided with a Ford Fiesta — shunting it 30 yards up the road.
Witnesses living on the residential street told how the ex-Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham striker looked “dazed and in utter shock” as he emerged from his monster motor.
The ponytailed player, 33, then swiftly went to check on the condition of the three people in the red Fiesta.
A front wheel of Carroll’s black Merc came off. Side panels and part of the bumper were also smashed.
Witnesses said Carroll, 33, who had been at the wheel, was breathalysed along with the woman driver of the Fiesta. No arrests were made.
Lingard and Nunez get tattoos
Ex-Man Utd star Jesse Lingard shared a tattoo parlour with Liverpool forward Darwin Nunez this weekend.
The Nottingham Forest player had some time off after Premier League fixtures were cancelled.
So he paid a visit to Artemis Tattoo Studio in Manchester.
The shop is one of Lingard's favourites and the former Englnad international often gets new ink courtesy of tattoo artist Dale McGovern.
And on this occasion he was joined in the studio by Reds newboy Darwin Nunez.
Tuchel breaks his silence
Devastated Thomas Tuchel has broken his silence following his Chelsea sacking.
And the German revealed his pain at writing the statement "many years" earlier than he had hoped.
"I am devastated that my time at Chelsea has come to an end," he said.
"This is a club where I felt at home, both professionally and personally.
"Thank you so much to all the staff, the players and the supporters for making me feel very welcome from the start.
"The pride and joy I felt at helping the team to win the Champions League and the Club World Cup will stay with me forever.
"I am honoured to have been a part of this club’s history and whatever the future holds for me, the memories of the last 18 months will always have a special place in my heart."
Nice fans have been swooning over “elegant” Ross Barkley after the ex-Chelsea man’s debut on Sunday.
The 28-year-old midfielder came off the bench in today’s 1-0 win at Ajaccio.
After the game, Nice tweeted fans asking for their opinion on Barkley’s first game.
And the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, with one simply beaming: “Elegant.”
Another said: “He brought a lot of movement and solutions. An English mentality will do us good.”
Rooney gives youth a chance
Wayne Rooney is putting his faith in youth at DC United.
That’s after handing a debut to a 15-year-old last night.
Matai Akinmboni became the third-youngest player in MLS history when Rooney started him against Real Salt Lake on Saturday.
The teenage defender caught the eye of his new boss earlier this summer.
And he was rewarded with a historic run-out in yesterday’s 0-0 draw.
Stam wants to work ten Hag
Man Utd legend Jaap Stam has offered himself up to join Erik ten Hag’s coaching staff.
Stam told Tribal Football: “I never spoke to United – no one called me for any reason.
“But that’s how it is in football. When a new coach arrives, he invites his people who he knows and trusts and who can help him in certain ways.
“But like I said before, United is the club I love. I grew there as a person and as a player, they made me stronger, they made me who I am now.
“I have made history with this club and if they need me, if I can help them in any way, I am always at their service.”
Shaw still struggling with foot injury
Luke Shaw is struggling with a foot injury which is threatening his place for club and country, writes Joshua Jones.
And that has heaped further misery on his woeful start to the season.
The Manchester United man, 27, started the campaign under Erik ten Hag at left-back ahead of summer signing Tyrell Malacia.
He played the full 90 minutes in the defeat to Brighton before being hooked at half-time as United trailed Brentford 4-0.
Shaw has not featured since with Malacia impressing in the wins over Liverpool, Southampton, Leicester and Arsenal.
And the 21-cap England international was not even in the matchday squads against Leicester or Real Sociedad – although he was an unused sub against the Gunners.
Jorginho's new tattoos
Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has had some new ink – but it hasn't gone down too well with fans.
The Italian marked his incredible 2021 by having the Champions League and European Championship trophies that he won last year tattooed onto him.
His tattoo artist shared the designs, with one of his arms showing the Champions League trophy with blue ribbons.
And the other arm has the Euros trophy with the red, green and white colours of Italy.
Rudiger scores in Madrid win
Antonio Rudiger’s first Real Madrid goal sealed a 4-1 comeback win over Mallorca.
The champions have made the perfect start to their title defence, winning all five games.
Summer signing Rudiger rounded off the victory with his first goal for the club – a volley from a free-kick in added time.
The former Chelsea defender appeared to be in an offside position when the free-kick was played but the goal was allowed to stand.
Rashford preferred to Ronaldo
Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has set Marcus Rashford a 20-goal target for the season to help push Manchester United to the Premier League title, reports SunSport’s Richard Moriarty.
And it is claimed United players think the team are better off with Rashford playing up front — and Cristiano Ronaldo benched.
A source said: “The manager wants Marcus to be United’s No 1 striker and lead the line up front.
“He believes Marcus has the ability to become one of the world’s best and wants him to express himself in matches.
“He is always telling him to use his pace and skills when he gets a chance. He told Marcus he will easily score 20 this season.
“They have a great relationship and Marcus is really happy.”
Toon ‘keeping tabs on Brazilian wonderkid Santos
Newcastle are keeping tabs on Brazilian wonderkid Andrey Santos, according to reports.
But mega-rich Toon face competition from big hitters Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona for the £30million-rated midfielder.
According to iNews, the Magpies are very interested in landing the exciting 18-year-old midfielder.
And they feel their strong links in Brazil could see them beat off the Champions League heavyweights.
It is thought Vasco da Gama would demand around £30m for their box-to-box star Santos.
Potter’s European debut
Graham Potter’s first match in charge of the Blues could also be his Champions League debut.
Chelsea were set to take on Fulham this weekend, before the passing of the Queen saw all Premier League and EFL games postponed this weekend.
However, Potter’s side are due to face FC Salzburg on Wednesday. And according to Sky Sports, all Champions League matches are due to go ahead.
They said: “Discussions have been ongoing between Uefa and all the British teams in Champions League, Europa League and Europa Conference League competitions and all matches are expected to go ahead.”
Gunners still considering loaning Marquinhos out in January
Arsenal are still considering a January loan deal for teenage prodigy Marquinhos.
But the 19-year-old Brazilian winger will only be allowed to leave if manager Mikel Arteta can sign another winger in the next transfer window.
And the club has already decided that Marquinhos’ long-term future will be at the Emirates following his flying start to life in English football.
Arsenal had originally planned to allow the unknown rookie to spend all of this season on loan with a European club following his £3million summer arrival from Sao Paulo.
But they quickly changed their minds when they saw how quickly he acclimatised to training with Arteta’s senior squad.
BREAKING: Rangers game with Napoli postponed
Rangers' Champions League clash with Napoli has been postponed due to "severe limitations on police" following the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
The Glasgow side had been due to face the Italians at Ibrox on Tuesday night.
But amid the mourning period following The Queen's passing aged 96, the match has been moved back 24 hours to Wednesday.
The game will now have no away supporters, with Rangers fans also not allowed to attend the return fixture in Naples.
A club statement read: "Rangers can today confirm the upcoming Uefa Champions League match with SSC Napoli at Ibrox has been rescheduled for Wednesday, 14 September at 8pm.
"This is due to the severe limitations on policing resources and organisational challenges related to the ongoing events surrounding the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II."
More on Ronaldo
A SunSport source said: “All the players loved it when Ronaldo came back to United last season but they are frustrated he missed pre-season.
“The manager put a lot of work into giving the squad detailed information about what he wanted them to do and how he wanted them to play.
“Ronaldo is not up to speed with that and is relying on instinct when he plays. But that doesn’t work in Ten Hag’s system.
“He often demands the ball too early in build-up play and drops deep for the ball, but that means when the ball is wide there is no-one in the middle to hit it into.
“Ten Hag and the rest of the players really rate Ronaldo.
“But it’s clear that the success they have had this season is from following tactical instruction rather than the individual brilliance they relied on last season.
“Ronaldo is likely to find himself on the bench again going forward.
“And he is going to have to get used to scoring a lot less goals because he is only being introduced towards the end of games when Ten Hag has already made changes which make United less attacking.
“He needs to realise it’s only going to work if he tunes into ten Hag’s plans.”
EXCLUSIVE: Man Utd stars believe Ronaldo is looking at January exit
Manchester United stars believe Cristiano Ronaldo is still angling for a move – and has his eye on a January exit.
The Portuguese superstar made it clear to Old Trafford bosses he wanted to leave before the season started.
Ronaldo has been restricted to just one top-flight start this campaign, and has been named on the bench for the last four Premier League matches.
The striker, 37, cut a frustrated figure as he drew a blank in the Europa League against Real Sociedad on Thursday where he was named in the starting XI.
Potter's words to Seagulls fans
The former Brighton boss said: "This has been three wonderful years with a club that has changed my life, and I want to take a moment to say goodbye to all of you who have made it such a special period of my career.
"I bid farewell to a great club and one that will always mean so much to me and my family. For some, I recognise that the change that comes so suddenly in football can be hard to accept.
"I may not be able to persuade you all to forgive my departure – but I would at least like to take the chance to say thank you.
"I hope that you will understand that at this stage of my career, I felt I had to grasp a new opportunity."
Potter asks Brighton fans to understand
Graham Potter begged Brighton fans to “understand” his move to Chelsea.
Potter, 47, left the Amex after three successful years to replace Thomas Tuchel at Stamford Bridge.
The impressive man manager and tactician signed a five-year deal worth £10million per season – making him the fourth best-paid boss in the league – to take over and lead the new Todd Boehly era in West London.
And Potter penned an open letter – written on Thursday then released on Sunday morning – to the Seagulls fans to explain his decision and say his thank yous and goodbye.
Gone with the Wind
Wolfsburg ace Jonas Wind has admitted he wants to play for Arsenal, just months after moving to the Bundesliga.
Wind revealed sealing a transfer to the Emirates would be a “dream” come true.
The forward told Bulinews.com: “If we look into the future, Arsenal would be a dream destination for me, as it has always been my favourite club.
“In general, I think the Premier League is the best league in the world, and it would be exciting to play there”
Nearly the Dest move for Sergio
Manchester United could have signed Barcelona ace Sergino Dest this summer only for a boardroom bust-up to scupper the move.
Dest was made available by Barca as they desperately tried to balance their books.
According to The Athletic, United football director John Murtough wanted to stick with Aaron Wan-Bissaka – despite his awkward fit in boss Erik ten Hag’s system.
The Blaugrana initially wanted around £17.5million for the full-back, but ended up sending him out on loan to AC Milan without an obligation to buy.
Milan have the option to make the move permanent for £17.5m next year
More on moving the game
Three matches are scheduled to be in London on Saturday and Sunday.
Tottenham host Leicester at 5.30pm on Saturday, the day before Brentford vs Arsenal and Chelsea take on Liverpool in the standout tie of the weekend.
And according to The Athletic, there are discussions ongoing about where to play the matches – if at all – against the backdrop of one of the biggest police operations in British history.
One suggestion is to switch the location so the away teams play at home instead – with Chelsea and Spurs travelling to Liverpool and Leicester instead while there would be no point in moving Brentford’s game across London to Arsenal.
However, this is thought to be unpopular because trying to arrange a home match including tickets and staffing in one week is hugely complicated.
Chelsea's clash with Liverpool could be moved to Anfield
The Premier League are in talks to move Chelsea's clash with Liverpool next weekend to Anfield, according to reports.
The state funeral will take place at Westminster Abbey in London on Monday, September 19 meaning thousands of people are expected to flock to the capital and police officers needed at short notice.
More on Campos
Luis Campos, who worked alongside Jose Mourinho in 2012 as a scout and tactical analyst for Real Madrid, worked as Monaco's sporting director from 2013-2016.
In that time, he oversaw key transfer incomings such as Kylian Mbappe, Radamel Falcao, Anthony Martial, Fabinho, Joao Moutinho, James Rodriguez and Bernardo Silva.
His savvy signings saw Monaco win the French top-flight title in 2017 ahead of PSG, and he repeated the same feat when he worked as Lille's sporting director from 2017-2020.
While with Lille, he signed the likes of Victor Osimhen, Sven Botman, Jonathan David, Rafael Leao and Nicolas Pepe.
His shrewd business there helped Lille win the Ligue 1 title in 2020 once again at the expense of Les Parisiens.
Not only known for an eye in the market, Campos also generated huge profits for Monaco and Lille in player sales.
He managed to offload Mbappe to PSG on an initial loan deal in 2017 with the obligation to sign him for £166m the following year.
And he managed to bring in around £305m during his time with Lille where he flogged the likes of Pepe, Gabriel Magalhaes, Leao, Thiago Mendes and Osimhen.
Blues talk to Campos
Chelsea have reportedly made contact with Luis Campos with owner Todd Boehly keen to hire him as their sporting director.
The 58-year-old is currently employed by Paris Saint-Germain having made the move to Parc des Princes in June to become their football advisor.
Arsenal were linked with hiring the ex-Lille talent spotter in June 2021 following his huge success in Ligue 1.
Meanwhile the ex-Portuguese gaffer held talks with Newcastle last year following their Saudi-backed £300million takeover.
And according to The Times, it is now Chelsea’s turn to try and persuade Campos in swapping France for England.
It has been said that Boehly has already spoken with Campos about him coming to Stamford Bridge to work with new boss Graham Potter.
Footie ace Andy Carroll wrecks £130k Mercedes in head-on crash
Carroll set for football return at Reading on free transfer after Baggies exit
PL managers' salaries revealed as Chelsea make Potter fourth best-paid boss
Bungling Tottenham say Sporting clash is ON and forced to apologise after error
Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/
BARCELONA are reportedly planning on relaunching a bid for Bernardo Silva in January.